Monday, July 6, 2015

Tour de Fleece

Hello!  I'm sorry to have missed so many days in a row - I've been busy! My kids have had activities, I've worked on my guild newsletter, I've been working on various small housecleaning projects, and now Tour de Fleece is here!


What's that?  Never heard if Tour de Fleece?  Well allow me to enlighten you!

Every year in France there is a giant bike race (look it up if you don't believe me). Some brilliant sports fan thought; hey, they have wheels, we have wheels. Lets spin ours while they spin theirs... And TdF was born. 

This is actually my first year participating so I don't know a lot about the history but I think it started in a blog. Now the official postings are in Ravelry (a giant fiber community).  



I've joined with my guild in Team Black Sheep Guild 2015.  We are a "wildcard" team which means we can make up our own prizes and competitions for our group. 

I've donated one of my project bags and other members have donated fiber for our "most improved" category.  Members of our guild post what their goal is to accomplish and, at the end, tell how they feel they did with their goal. Other guild members will vote on the winner. 

I'm also going to make a fun mini poster for whomever spins the most yardage, poundage, and the most yardage worked up into a project. 



The pictures I'm posting today are of my work the last three days. Many of the singles I spun earlier but plying is being counted towards yardage. I made my first art yarn using up the misc bits that I spun when I first started leaning my wheel in December.   I really like how it turned out!



P.S. I finished knitting & felting the Luck Sack bags!  Pics coming soon!



External links:  

Tour de Fleece:  http://www.ravelry.com/groups/tour-de-fleece 


No comments:

Post a Comment