Saturday, August 8, 2015

Every yarn has a story...

Meet "Moody Cloud"



This yarn marked the beginning of my love affair with spinning.  The pencil roving had glorious color and an intriguing texture that made my fingers itch to work with it.  With my birthday money I bought the fiber from a friend, and borrowed her drop spindle.  With a few pointers we were off and running.  My arms ached but I still wanted to keep going.  I loved the transitions of one color to the next, fascinated with the whole process.  My children watched me wide-eyed as I played with color and fiber.


When it was time to ply I had so many variations that I could try.  I decided that I wanted to wind the single into a yarn cake and ply the center pull with the outside strand and just "see what the color does."  This was the best part!  What surprises I was in for.  Purples with purples, purples with pinks, and pinks with pinks.  Such a fun way to blend color.


Then I learned how to set the yarn by "thwacking" it.  Haha!  Such fun!

Now it's your turn to pick up the story.  Take this yarn home and write the ending.  Will the yarn become a purse?  Someone's toy?  You decide!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/243428978/handspun-yarn-moody-cloud?ref=shop_home_active_2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Handspun by Rachel's Cozy Knits & Designs
Fiber content: 100% wool
Color: "Moody Cloud"
2 plys
125 grams, 282 yards
13 wraps per inch, DK weight
Spun January 2014
Hand wash in cool water. Air dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment