Thursday, April 7, 2016

Quirky Bits n Pieces Design Team

The fabulous Kristen over at Quirky Bits n Pieces sell gorgeous dyed fiber locks, handspun yarn, woven scarfs, and yarn bowls.  She put out a Design Team call for artists to create beautiful things with her lovely things and blog / post in social media about them.  Well, isn't that exactly what I already do?  lol  I had to submit my application!  I was so happy (and still am!) to find out that I was accepted onto the team!  (I think the official page is still being built so I'll link that for you when it is ready.)

Well, I am in the first round of artists to receive her goodies.  Oh. My. Goodness.  These locks are SO beautiful!  Her color combinations are phenomenal!  I didn't capture all the shine that they have in this quick snapshot but I hope to get better pictures as I work with them more.

What a cute business card!

She gave the extra touch of doodling on the package. :)

I'm drooling over here!
 
You want to know where my mind is going? So here's a peek into my head: 

I want to spin semi-smoothly onto wire and knit fairy wings. That's been a goal of mine for a long time. :) I also want to play with jewelry shapes, with smoother texture and with rougher textures. I also want to lock spin (remember that blue mohair?) and ply that onto the wire for some thickness and texture to make something chunky / significant presence. I also want to incorporate the locks themselves into a piece, either by lock spinning, or tying, or some other way to feature them. (Similar to those FABULOUS necklaces she's been featuring). And lastly, I want to do something soft to exhibit the shininess of the wool.

And for the next three months there will be MORE to come, too. :D  So keep out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment