Thursday, October 6, 2016

In The Bag

It's time for my weekly breakdown of crafting and crazy!  This week has another busy one with several things done in "in the bag"!

30 September, Friday
Last Friday I finished sewing the two bags that I was working on.  I must say that I really like how they turned out.  I had picked up this weird pink and clear button and I was wondering what it would eventually end up with.  It turns out that it was *perfect* for the smaller of the two bags.  The more I look at it, the more I love it. :)  So here they are!  They are both for sale; click the links if you are interested.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/469154900/upcycled-jean-purse-standard-size-tulip?ref=shop_home_active_1 





https://www.etsy.com/listing/469154008/upcycled-jean-purse-jumbo-size-tulip-bag?ref=shop_home_active_2 


1 October, Saturday
In one of my most excellent fiber arts groups on Facebook, Fibers & Yarns & Handmade for Sale, there was a contest for new membership. I was one of the lucky winners!  I recieved my prize on Saturday.  It is angora / silk / merino lace-weight yarn by Dark Starz Designs. It is so soft and just the perfect shade of blue!



I got a message on Etsy asking me to do a custom yarn band in a very special way.  She wanted to make it a birth announcement!   How fun is that?!  I like the idea so much that I am considering running with it.  Don't be surprised if you see announcement yarn bands in my shop soon. :)

5 October, Wednesday
Time for Yarn and Coffee again!  Every two weeks my friend hosts this fun event and it is a welcome break!  I got to talk with fellow artists who understand what I do.  While I was there I finished my socks!  Yay!  This pair is really dense and will make a great warm pair for the coming chilly months.



Afterwards I drove over to Black Sheep at Orenco where I keep some of my stock on consignment.  I added some of my newer bags to the wall. :)



That evening was the final day in the insect skill merit at Royal Rangers. I brought in the Bug Barf soda. The boys were grossed out but thoroughly enjoyed it. :D. The next skill merit is Art!  Right up my ally. I'm looking forward to it.

6 October, Thursday
I spent this morning writing up a proposal to sell my eco-friendly bags a local businesses.  I have a few friends looking it over and then I will be emailing it to several local shops.  I'm excited!  I've been wanting to do this for a long time but "selling myself" is difficult for me so I had to be in the right mindset to be able to write this.  Fortunately I didn't struggle too much as I sat down to work on it.  My husband and I have been talking a lot about our prospective businesses lately and I think it has boosted my confidence.  My fellow fiber artist friend & mentor has been helping me a bunch, too. :) 



The rest of this week I have focused on my new job of before and after school care for a fellow mom at Thomas' school.  I wont be telling stories about them but may occasionally let you know about some cool things I'm doing.   The kiddos are really into dot-to-dot and other puzzle games so I'll link some of the sites I found.   ;)  I'm printing them for Anna - Thomas' age, so there's a variety of difficulties.

https://feltmagnet.com/drawing/dottodot-printables
http://www.coloringsquared.com/free-coloring-pages-math-for-kids/math-fact-coloring-pages/
https://www.pinterest.com/explore/color-by-numbers/



No comments:

Post a Comment