Sunday, April 2, 2017

Peanuts Strike Again!

Last week was Spring Break.  Not only were my kids home all week, but the kids I daycare for were here all week as well.  I had the whole week planned for to keep them all busy so they didn't eat me.  (You know that meme where Chris Pratt is keeping the raptors at bay?  Yeah, that's my home every day.)  The week went rather well.  Yes, there were mild disasters, but nothing unexpected.  Paint got everywhere as we all made treasure boxes (tutorial is coming soon!), popcorn got all over the floor, many cookies were eaten, and several episodes of Gumby were watched.

My kitchen was a wreck all week.  But not for the reasons you would think.  Sure, the kids used a lot of extra dishes but I was running the dishwasher three times a day.  The problem was that I was running another peanut purge.  Yup.  Tuesday morning we had peanut butter in the dishwasher again.

Sigh.


So that meant that I would unload the dishwasher, pile in whatever dirty dishes were used, then topped it off with "clean" stuff out of the cupboards and run it immediately.  As soon as the full cycle, extra hot, heat dry, and sanitizing cycle was done and cool enough to not burn my hands, I unloaded it and started the next load.

Friday I bought paper plates and cups.  I made up this poster to hang in the cupboard where the peanut butter is at.  If the kids don't follow the rules and it happens again, we'll go from quarantine to banishment.


If anyone else has a peanut allergy in your home and would like to use my sign, feel free!  You can download a pdf from here

No comments:

Post a Comment