Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Teacher gifts

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week at my son Thomas's school.  Weeks leading up to that week were hectic and I was sick during the first half of the week iteslf.  So I didn't get anything special done for the teachers.

Short history here is that my son has had a difficult year.  We've gone through all of the process and he was just moved to a special education classroom that can better support him.  Throughout the year, many of the staff have worked extra hard to support him and I want to show them that I appreciate they're dedication to Thomas's well being.

I was trying to figure out what to do that would be quality, yet quick, as I have several staff I want to give gifts too.  Gift certificates would fit the bill *if* I had the money to do so, but I don't so I was looking for a creative solution.

A lady in one of my Facebook fiber groups shared a gift idea she did for Mother's Day.  She made dishcloths and folded them up to present them as flowers.  I love this idea!  I can whip out a few wash cloths in a day and have a few mini-bouquets to go around. :)

I'll post pictures when I'm done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment