Thursday, September 15, 2016

This Week

It has been a long couple of weeks for me.

I am working on setting up a new schedule.  Thomas started school last week and Anna started preschool this week.  Blur is still having sleep issues.  Since my husband works swing shift I'm the only parent two of my kids see M-F; I have to make it all work somehow and still get my work done.

My big project right now is trying to solve Blur's sleep problems.  I've been selling our old
homeschool books on ebay which is a huge undertaking all by itself.  Here are my listings if you want to check them out.  Last weekend I swapped my boys' bunks to solve a temperature issue.  With the money I've recouped from selling on ebay this I've bought salt lamps, a 10,000 lux sleep disorder light, and fabric / hardware to make drapes for the bottom bunk.  I have the hardware installed but still need to sew the drapes.  Right now there are sheets hanging up which are doing a fair job for a temporary fix.


Other projects I've been working on the past two weeks:

Home-related
  • Back-to-school paperwork for two different schools
  • Juggling schedule changes and organizing calendar
  • Coaxing jealousy issues over who gets what for lunch
  • Decluttering my home
  • Made pear butter with the pears my husband brought home 
  • Played Pokemon Go 
Fiber/Work-related
  • Working on a special order Charmander hat
  • Setting up this blog website to be my business center of operations
  • Updated my personal yarn and bag labels
  • Working on knitting a sock during in-between times
  • Started teaching a friend how to knit socks - got her through the toe increases

 

 

My to-do list

Home
  • Sew drapes
  • Do the mending
  • Making up some bug mounting kits by next Wednesday (I'm a leader in my son's Royal Rangers group)
  • Finish the second half of the pear butter 
  • Figure out what I'm doing for Thomas' birthday
 Fiber/Work
  • Sew more bags to sell
  • Finish this hat 
  • Work more on the alien hat pattern
  • Get fiber washed while it is still warm enough to dry
  • Publish blog posts on-time
  • Continue to organize website
  • Get daily progress on something so I can do my photo journal posts!

Stay tuned for more on the life and times of a homemaker / artist!


No comments:

Post a Comment