Thursday, September 8, 2016

New Elastic Sanity Segment

Hello!  I've been hoping to get blogging here more frequently but it just didn't happen over the summer.  My life exploded, as it seems to every summer! lol.  Of course I should have predicted that, but I seem to have selective memory. :P

My tagline is "Crafting daily to retain sanity in a stressful world."  Every wonder what has me so stressed?  I used to do a blog for a while about all the weird random stuff that happens in my home
life with my crazy, yet cute, kiddos;  I called it Elastic Sanity.  I stopped working on it a while before I started this one.    My old blog is still there, though the last time I wrote was 4 years ago.  You can visit the abandoned Facebook page here.

I'm dedicated to keeping my current blog going, and I'm going to recommit to it going regularly.  To this end, I am going to add on Elastic Sanity segments so you can laugh with me at the strange things that happen in my life. 

Let me introduce a few things about my family.  My husband's name is Mike.  We've been married for 16 years.  He is currently working swing shift at his "day job" as a test technician, and on the side has his own tech small business called Sierra Process Control.  He engineers test boards, and also has engineered a kit for testing solder technicians' skills.  We have three kids together and I currently have the lion's share of parenting.  I don't call any of them by their real names on my blog or social media for their privacy.

My oldest kiddo I call "Blur" as he hates having his picture taken, so ducks and appears as a blur.  lol  He loves math, Minecraft and Mario; he wants to design video games as a career.  He also loves to play on words as his dad and I do.  :)  Blur has Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD.  He's in his mid-teens and in the bah-humbug stage.  He doesn't like to be talked about so I may not mention him much on here.  Lets leave it describing my job with him: I homeschool him and am trying to figure out how to help him with his sensitivities and other issues.  Being his mom has changed me in many ways to be more aware and sensitive to other people's needs.

My second kiddo I call "Thomas."  He is a very funny guy and loves to be the center of attention.  Life is funny and the world is his audience!  He wants to be a "donut man" when he grows up.  He loves everything about donuts and the idea of owning and running his own shop.  He plays pretend with his sister and friends all the time.  Thomas also loves to make up stories.  He's your typical boy in the fact that almost everything explodes, or involves food, or food exploding.  He's in the 3rd grade and loves going to school.  He's in a specialized class helping him to learn skills he needs to manage his very emotional ADHD.  Yes, I have two special needs kids.  Starting to understand why I refer to myself as having elastic sanity?

My daughter, ugh, my daughter.  I call her "Anna" and she is super friendly and everyone loves her.  She is into all things girly as well as daring adventures.  She wants to grow up to be a astronaut hair cutter.  I love her to death but she drives me nuts often more than the other two.  I don't believe she has any special needs but this girl is too smart for her own good.  She can defeat locks meant to keep her (or my stuff) safe easily, and she loves to sneak!  She watches me very closely and as soon as I'm distracted and engaged in something else (like washing dishes, going to the bathroom, or attending her brothers), that's when she makes her move!  This girl is the reason why I'm on blood pressure medication. lol  She starts preschool next week; maybe I'll get a chance to breathe!

Lastly, I have an old lady ferret named Pandora.  She's 9 years old, which is geriatric for a ferret, and she's not doing well.  Early in the year I had to have the tail amputated as she had a nasty growth that was killing her.  Now she has another on her side, in addition to adrenal glad disease, and other stuff.  I love her to pieces and it is hard watching her go down hill.  If money was no object, I'd get all the vet things done but I still don't know if it would keep her with us for much longer.  As it is, I've done most of what I can for her and the money I am working on now needs to go towards getting Blur to the drs.

Now that I've introduced you to my quirky family I'll make some commitments.  I will do my best to do a weekly post about my crafting.  I will still do daily photos journals on social media  but I think I will do summaries of progress on here.  I'm thinking I'll do that on Thursdays.  Then I'll do one Elastic Sanity segment sometime during the week.  If I can get that on a schedule that would be awesome... but my family rarely works like clockwork; we are closer to spaghetti thrown at a ceiling fan (don't ask!).

I'll leave you with a story as told by Anna:

"Once upon a time a little girl had a little name and it was Thomas and its middle name was Anna and it was funny and its mom told it to not steal the thing off the counter but she did it and then she accidentally falled off and she just hurt herself. She was trying to get the fake tree and she wanted a tree. The end."

No comments:

Post a Comment