Thursday, June 8, 2017

Professor Arryn's Story (Part 3)

Here are four more letters and diary excerpts from Professor Arryn Jones, my D&D character.

To read the previous parts of the story, click the links:
Part 1  Part 2

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
28 Alturiak, 1493 DR. (28 February)

Dear Mother,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.  My apologizes for not writing for a few tendays now; I’ve been working on a big project and it has taken all of my attention.  Well, most of it anyway.  The rest has been trying to decide what to do about Professor Nathandem.  He’s now insisting that I call him “Ramas,” and acting rather familiar.  Tell me, Mother: How do you know when someone is in love?  What should I do?  I desperately need to focus on my project, but he is so… alluring.  Debating with him is very enjoyable, and I have to admit that I like the way he looks at me.  What did you think of him when you met at Highharvestide?

Arg. I ramble on.  I really need to focus on my project!  I’m concerned that if I don’t keep my focus then I wont be able to succeed in this advancement.  What do I do, Mother?  Ramas has asked me to dinner several times and I’ve kept coming up with excuses to avoid him.  Very soon I’ll have to say yes to appease his pursuit, and I admit a part of me is pleased at the thought.


On a good note, my research project has me doing lots of physical exercise so I’ve slimmed down quite a bit and I am feeling healthier these days.

Love,
Arryn


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
16  Ches, 1493 DR  (16 March)

Dad,

Ramas made his move tonight.  (Much like a move you would make, now that I think about it.)   During dinner he tricked me into kissing him.  I’m too embarrassed to go into details, but I’ll say that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  Oh, that man is so infuriating!  He’s distracting me from my training and scrambling my brains.

Deep breath.  I need to focus on getting the book.  But can I make love wait?  Is this love?  I need to make a decision about what I’m going to do, and soon.

Arryn
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

20 Ches, 1493 DR  (20 March)

Mother,
Can you please remind me how you did your hair in that fancy style for my cousin’s wedding a few years ago?  I’m going to a party with Ramas and I’d like to look my best.  Thank you!

Love,
Arryn

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

14 Tarsakh, 1493 DR  (14 April)

Dad,

I’m exhausted.  I have so many papers to grade, and the work load is only increasing as it gets closer to finals.  Ramas and I barely have time to steal a kiss in passing, and I’ve not been able to get out to see Artus in a tenday.  After school is out the students, and most of the staff, will go home for the summer.  I’ll be very conspicuous if I am found hovering around the Rare Books Library.  I walked passed this afternoon and the book is there, still calling me, and getting more insistent.  So, I’ll have to get it either before, or during, finals. 

I’ve not found a way around the magic alarms yet, and I’m afraid I’m out of time.  I’ll have to use Ramas as a distraction.  I hope I’m not making a mistake…

Arryn
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Continue to read the other parts of the story!

Part 4  Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment