Friday, June 5, 2015

Podcasts

I am never doing just one thing. I just don't have enough time in the day to do everything I need and want to do one-at-a-time. I listen a lot as I go about my daily routine.   This engages my mind as my hands do routine tasks. I love my audiobooks but I often listen to podcasts, too.  Some educate me while others inspire or amuse me.

Knit 1 Geek 2
My favorite podcast!  Maggie and Karen are just like me; geeks who are knitters and knitters who are geeks. They are funny and passionate about their interests from knitting and spinning to TV, books and the silver screen.  I love so many genres that it is rare to meet someone as passionate about my variety but these two hit nearly all of them!

The Bird Thing Podcast
Marly Bird is a wonderful host; she makes interviews fun while telling us what is going in in the fiber community. She mostly focuses in knit and crochet subjects. There is always a giveaway!

The Knitmore Girls
This is a multi-generational family-friendly show.   The mom and daughter duo often talk about knitting or spinning with the 3-year old granddaughter and make me think of my own little girl's interests in fiber arts.  These two women have been immersed in the fiber community their whole lived yet still enjoy talking about their weekly victories and mishaps. 

Domestic CEO, Quick and Dirty Tips
Not fiber related, but its a good 5-ish minute podcast on how to manage your home.  There are lots of good tips from getting organized to how to clean out the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment