Tuesday, June 16, 2015

World Wide Knit in Public Day

I've been quiet for several days with good reason;
1) I was celebrating World Wide Knit in Public Day on Saturday and Sunday. 
2) My daughter assisted me with spilling water on my computer.

I took my Macbook Pro into Apple this afternoon and found out it *is* fixable but expensive. I still have to talk to my husband to find out what we're going to do.  Sorry for typos I missed; I'm typing on my phone.

Now that I've told you the painful part, let me tell you about the fun stuff!  Saturday, June 13th was the (10th?) annual World Wide Knit in Public Day.  Knitters all over the world gather together in public places and knit in public, spreading the news of our fun, functional, and healthful hobby.  This year there were over 800 registered gatherings; my guild, Black Sheep Guild,  did 3 locations over two days. 

In addition to my knitting I took my spinning wheel to the Hillsboro Farmers Market demo on Saturday. I've demonstraited at many events now and I know the wheel draws lots if attention. At first I just used it as a prop but when I got to a stopping point in [the pattern I am designing] I switched to the wheel. 

As I sat there, with three of my guild members, lots of people came by to visit and talk.  We gave out all the knitters prizes given to us Black Sheep at Orenco (my favorite local yarn store) and many guild fliers. I also brought some color pages for the kiddos. I'd be surpised if we didn't see some of those new faces at our guild events!

I don't think anyone caught a picture of me but here are my friends having fun. 

Also not pictured is my middle child, Thomas, who was having loads of fun getting soaked in the fountain!

I also made a short appearance at the Orenco Farmers Market on Sunday where more guild membets were continuing the fun.   This time I brought my daughter, Anna.  She played with my camera. While it is a pretty bad picture, it is pretty good for a three year old. (At least it's focused!). 

Those are my Sasquatch Socks I'm working on there.

TTFN!

If you enjoyed this post, be sure to follow me by email or Google+ so you don't miss anything!
If you like the things that I make, check out my online shop.
You can also find me at the following sites:
Ravelry Designer Page
Facebook Page
Twitter
My Personal Knitting Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment